
Kate and I had a real blast last night our outfits were strangely similar this time as I had previously bought a bargain priced animal print dress from Peacocks (Pictured) that I had just about managed to squeeze into (Size 10!). Kate had been a tad envious and when the music event at the Rem came up it was the perfect excuse for Bob to treat her to 2 new skirts for the occasion one of which was a leopard print number. She matched this up with an animal print top, and 4" heels! (I bet her £10 that she wouldn't last the night in them especially on the cobbles!).
We met up with Dianna and Karen and thoroughly enjoyed the live music on offer - the atmosphere was very nice relaxed and friendlier than usual. I enjoyed chatting to Karen and Jane who is currently transitioning and although being divorced is now good friends with her ex-wife.
As the night was relatively young we decided to move on to Naps for a change feeling the need for a bit of a bop. It was fairly quiet when we arrived so after a couple of Reefs and Red Bulls (otherwise known as rocket fuel) we hit the dance floor and nearly 2 hours later we had worn ourselves out and headed home at warp speed (only took 15 minutes rather than the usual 30) which was just as well as it was nearly 1.30am and we had to be up for 7.30am!!
Footnote: (Literally) Kate won the bet as she not only lasted all night in said heels but sucessfully managed to walk in a lady like fashion over the cobbles!!
I on the other hand had ditched my famous red dancing shoes and worn a pair of 'fairly comfy' black strappy shoes which matched my black stockings and ended the night with quite achy feet (mind you I had been on the dance floor for over an hour and had worn poor Diana out) Keep forgetting I am not 18 anymore!
Just wait till I team up the Red shoes and the Dancing Dress--(could be pure dynamite) Might risk it on my Birthday Do - (Early November) Stand back and light fuse!!
3 comments:
Loved your dress Mrs K, but I must correct you on the dancing front. We actually ended up limbo dancing until 3 am...........
Don't ask why, it's my legs fault.
Great night and thanks for your wonderful company.
Di
xxx
Wow I am impressed Di - 3am! - that sounds like a challenge for next week...Dancing shoes at the ready!
Love from Mrs K x
You both looked fantastic as did Diana.
I really enjoyed the night and I'm really impressed that you can all dance in those heels.
It was great to see you and Kate again.
Karen x
Post a Comment