Friday, 1 August 2008

Anyone for Tea?

I met a (real) lady called Teela at Sparkle - She is a lovely lady who runs a 'make-over' and dressing service for t-girls near Chester. Both Kate and Teela invited me along to one of her monthly tea and cake gatherings. Kate had warned me that some of the dress code could be a bit more outrageous that normal - but again there was nothing too scary. I had been encouraging Kate to try out a new wig as the one she had (althought lovely and rather expensive) reminded me too much of her sister. So we had fun trying on various wigs - Kate got a lovely longer new look in a reddish tone ( similar to my natural colour- which she used to love before I changed to a lighter blonder colour which I love) I got an outrageously long blonde wig which I haven't worn yet. I got talking to another wife - a lovely lady called Betty about the merits of wigs v real hair she said she had worn them for years even though she had beautiful long blond hair but the cost of keeping up with colours and hair cuts etc had taken her down this route (or should that be roots haha) We also discussed how different our partners looked in 'bob' mode and girl mode and how you would never be able to tell who they were in real life.

I was surprised that quite a few wives/partners were in attendance here as I think the meals have a nicer social atmosphere but it was a pleasant experience nevertheless with quite a few familiar faces such as Diane but the biggest surprise of the night was Lisa who was in 'Bob' mode and I totally failed to recognise her until she spoke and I instantly recognised her then but it just goes to show that you would never know if a t-girl is in your midst.
Both Kate and Lisa are very good looking in 'Bob' mode but in my humble opinion look like your favourite Aunty in t- mode! Sorry Girlsxxx

5 comments:

Lisa Karen Devonshire said...

'Aunty' Lisa? Excuse me!

Love the rest of the blog though! x

Mrs Kate said...

Glad you like it the blog Lisa.
I think Aunty Lisa has a lovely ring to it!
Just been correcting some of the spelling mistakes I missed and playing around with the fonts to hopefully make it easier to read.

Kate says I 'waffle' too much but hey thats what we girls do best!

Love from Mrs K xx

Kay Denise. said...

Just cannot help but laugh when referring to Lisa & Kate as Aunties! I hope you don't see me that way? LOL. Hugs, KD. xxxx

Mrs Kate said...

Welcome to my blog Kay.
Hope life is ok with you. You are all very special 'Honary Aunties' or should that be sisters?

Love from Mrs K xxx

Kay Denise. said...

Ask Kate how life is here (sent e/mail last weekend!) but it is not good. As for being an Auntie, give it a miss I think! Sister is fine by me though! Hugs. xxxxx