Sparkle is an annual weekend event organised by and for Transgendered people.
Information is available on the Angels Forum for anyone interested in finding out more.
Kate and I decided to make a weekend of it and stay over at an apartment/hotel.
On Friday night Lisa had arranged a meal at Velvet a restaurant in Canal Street for 12 of us. I was able to wear aforementioned pink dress and gorgeous new sparkly shoes bought especially for the occasion.
I was delighted to meet both Nicky and Jessica (whose blogs I had been following) sadly it was difficult to chat properly as the music was so loud and thumpy in there and it was such a large table.
On Saturday there was entertainment and various stalls in Sackville Gardens - but frankly there seemed to be alot of standing around waiting for things to happen. Simon had a photographic exhibiton and there were various talks and demos going on in another location.
Various events were going on in the evening as well but for Kate and I it was great to have the opportunity to spend time together and to 'dress up'.
The most significant threshold for me and quite frankly a bit of an issue (in my mind) was when Kate wanted to get tactile and hold hands in public. I felt more comfortable just linking arms as you would a girl friend. The real test came at the end of the night when you would normally kiss your partner good night I felt a slight lesbian overtone kick in. However after a
bit of help from logical reasoning (I know I am not attracted to women - and Kate is still my husband underneath) and 2 bacardis and coke! I was able to relax and go with the flow so to speak.
All in all a great experience and I got to wear my hair extensions on Saturday night at the 'Magic Theatre' and someone said I looked like a mermaid ! (I think that was a complement?)
Friday, 1 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Girls always link up and not hold hands so why should this be any different? So come on Kate, get into femme mode! LOL!
Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed the weekend. Hugs, KD. xxxxxx
Post a Comment