Friday, 1 August 2008

Shopping

Kate had been to Teelas and Kay had kindly offered to escort her to the Village for the Christmas Meal. So obviously an appropriate outfit was needed. We had a run into the Trafford Centre in search of said outfit, after a little initial discomfort we soon got into the swing of things and Kate acquired a fab leather jacket with fur trimmed collar, beaded cocktail dress, sparkly skirt and black and silver glittery shoes (all from BHS and at 20% off). We even had a fabulous girly lunch
at a lovely bistro style restaurant (which has sadly now closed). Suitably refreshed we had a good mooch in Lakeland which has become one of our favourite shops and picked up a couple of tops each.

I was amazed at the transformation from shopping with 'Bob' who usually ended up with the bored/glazed over look that so many men in shopping malls wear!! Shopping with Kate was a fantastic experience - I now have a new best shopping friend who knows me inside out in terms of what will suit and colours and styles that work best for me. I was quite surprised to learn that Kate actually had a very definite sense of what she wanted and suited in terms of colour and style. She also knew her size and we also brooched the delicate subject of lingerie and was a bit surprised to learn that Kate not only knew her size but was quite well kitted out in that department due to several business trips in other cities!!.

I am now suitably enlightened as to why in Marks & Spencers or any similar department store lingerie section there are always men hanging around or accompanying their wives ( I used to think either they were a bit pervy or wonder why their wives couldn't choose their own undies !!)

The biggest lesson during this experience that I have learnt is that we shouldn't make judgements or sterotype people.

Anyway in terms of shopping we have become confirmed shopaholics - I tend to look and Kate tends to buy!! She now has nicer handbags, shoes and lingerie that I do!!!

No comments: