Thursday, 14 August 2008

Dancing Shoes

Shoes seem to be the theme of the week so far. As previously mentioned I took the fabulous red satin shoes out with me to the Wednesday meal and they certainly worked their magic!!

After a late start due to poor old Bob having to travel to Birmingham on business ( spot the alliteration!!) 7am start and 7pm return! Kate was only able to make an appearance shortly after 7.45pm. After a fast but safe bomb down the M62 we arrived at AXM just after 8.15pm (not bad going - even if the make-up process suffered a bit for both of us). We met up with Lisa and Diana and 2 great new(to us) girls - Bev and Sarah. We then headed up to Taurus for a meal and a delightful chat with the girls with much laughter and social interaction - Kate says I talk too much but I met my match with Sarah who was amazing. Considering she had just received her final divorce papers last week she was in good spirits and fabulous company.

Bev bade us farewell after the meal but we discussed the possibility of meeting up for a meal on Saturdays and hope this will become a regular option for as many people who would like to do so as mid-week get togethers can be problematic for those who have busy working lives and schedules. Lisa kindly agreed to facilitate some dates and times etc.

We then set off for Northern Concorde at the Rembrant and this is where Kate and I normally part company due to Bob and Mrs K's working lives having to take priority. However I think there was something in the air that night (sounds like an ABBA song) and lives ups and downs seemed to be taking their toll- I had asked Diana if she fancied a dance later and she mentioned that she and Lisa were heading to AXM late so off we headed along with Sarah who was up for a spot of dancing around the handbags !!!

We headed for the upstairs bar (the venue of the unimpressive Sparkle 'Magic Theatre') with mixed feelings but the moment I heard the dance vibe the magic red shoes took over and my dancing alter ego was unleashed. Sarah and I hit the dance floor and that was it ....I was transported back in time to my clubbing days (pre-Kate who was never into that scene really).
I couldn't believe that I was having such a great time and Sarah was a fantastic dancer as was Di who later joined us. I even managed to drag Lisa up for a dance and we were offered pizza on the dance floor which was something new (apart from dancing around the kitchen at home with a jam butty!)
Unfortunately pumpkin time (12pm Cinderella) arrived too quickly and I was conscious that Kate had been up for over 17 hours and would be in need of sleep so regretfully we had to bid fond farewells - but I could have danced all night (another song) !!! Roll on Saturday nights!

So that is the tale of my magic red dancing shoes - They have been carefully put away (temporarily in a pretty shoe box) With a Label marked "Warning use with caution may cause feelings of elation and /or extreme euphoria".

2 comments:

Lisa Karen Devonshire said...

Hey Mrs K!

Do they do those red dancing shoes in a 43?! I did try my best to dance in my sandal wedges, and in the end did want to stay longer than you, if you remember!

Thanks for coming out with us, and for those lovely lipsticks too!

Mrs Kate said...

Hi Lisa
Thanks for putting up with me!
I think the shoes might actually be possessed (like the film 'The Red Shoes')
Strangely enough my feet didn't hurt the next day but my knees sure did!!
Glad you like the lippy. Till next time...
kisses from Mrs K